Two second half goals were scored on Sunday as Hearts of Oak came from behind to draw 1-1 with arch rivals Asante Kotoko on March Day three of the betPawa Premier League. Caleb Amankwah scored late to cancel Yussif Mubarik’s opener as the two giants shared the spoils at the Baba Yara Sports stadium.

Kotoko were cruising to their second successive win against their rivals but Amankwah smashed home from close range in the 88th minute to silence the home fans.

The Porcupine Warriors had themselves to blame after wasting all the decent chances that came their way especially in the first half. The League Champions were superior in the first half as they took a lion’s share of ball possession and created glaring goal scoring opportunities.

Steven Mukwala missed another begging chance but it didn't take long for Kotoko to take the lead through Yussif Mubarik in the 57th.
The defender reacted quickly in the box to scramble home to give Kotoko the lead.

The Reds held on for most parts of the game with an eye on the three points but Caleb Amankwah scored late to deny them as he snatched the equalizer in the 88th minute. Hearts are without a win three games into the season while Kotoko have one point after their first game.

The result leaves Hearts of Oak with two points from three matches while Asante Kotoko have one point with two games in hand.

At the Aliu Mahama stadium – Legon Cities recorded yet another win at the venue as they beat Real Tamale United 1-0 to record their second successive win. Nasiru Imoro scored the match winner in Tamale.

Dreams FC’s flying start to the campaign came to an excruciating end on Sunday after they were beaten 2-0 by Karela United FC at Aiyinase. The Still Believe lads conceded two first half goals through Kelvin Andoh and Enoch Agblenyo within a 7 minute interval. Andoh opened the scoring in the 11th minute before Agblenyo added the second inside the 18th minute mark.

At the Nana Agyemang Badu Park at Dormaa – Aduana FC came from two goals down to draw 2-2 with Samartex 1996 FC. Kwame Adom Frimpong rescued them after Sam Adams pulled one back to cancel two first half goals scored by Samartex. The visitors took the lead through Emmanuel Keyeke in the 28th minute before Abubakari Seidu added the second goal three minutes from the break. The Hunters lifted up their game and drew parity in the 79th minute through Adom Frimpong after Sam Adams had pulled one back in the 54th minute of the match.

Michael Enu scored in the 19th minute to give Bibiani Gold Stars their first win of the season. The Miners lost to Dreams FC and Nsoatreman FC in their first two opening matches. Enu’s strike gave them all the points against Bechem United.

The battle of the two newly promoted sides between Akyem Oda Kotoku Royals and Nsoatreman FC ended 0-0 at the Cape Coast stadium.

Accra Great Olympics recorded yet another win on Saturday as they overcame King Faisal by a goal to nil courtesy Emmanuel Mensah’s 64th minute strike.

On Friday – Accra Lions deepened the woes of Tamale City FC after condemning them to their third straight defeat of the season. Captain Dominic Nsobila scored the only goal of the match in the 9th minute to hand them their second win on the spin.

Later on Monday, Berekum Chelsea will host Medeama SC at the Agyeman Badu Park at Dormaa.