A survey conducted by the Ghana Integrity Initiative (GII) in some two years ago, named the Ghana Police Service among the most corrupt institutions in Ghana.
However, a Ghanaian police officer says he will never take bribe like some of his colleagues do to tarnish the image of the service.
The officer, identified as Bitrim Jacob who made this known on his Facebook timeline, says he respects the Service and that he will not compromise his integrity and profession by taking a bribe.
He also stated that a police officer taking bribe might send an innocent person to prison which is an act against the will of God.
He has therefore listed 10 reasons why he will not accept a bribe in the service:
Here are his 10 reasons:
1. By GOD’S grace I’m very much content with my salary.
2. Taking bribe might send an innocent person to prison
3. Bribes are curses in disguise to me
4. Bribe brings sickness, Bad luck and problems to the taker
5. Bribe taking will always cause the reoccurring of Crimes
6. I will give an account to my creator when I die
7. I respect myself, my job, my (IGP) and my country
8. I must be trusted in my uniform as a police officer
9. I must be a role model to the upcoming ones who desire to be police officers in future.
10. GOD will judge me someday according to my deeds on earth.