A former Greater Accra regional Minister Sheikh I.C Quaye has been appointed the chairman of an 11-member newly constituted Hajj Board.
The Hajj Board oversees the preparation towards the annual Moslem pilgrimage in Mecca. An editor of Daily Guide newspaper Alhaji A.R Gomba has been appointed as the head of communications of the Board.
Below is the statement announcing the composition.
COMPOSITION OF HAJJ BOARD
The President of the Republic, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, has appointed the following persons to serve on the Hajj Board. They are:
1. Sheikh I.C. Quaye – Chairman
2. Abdul Malik Adams Gariba – Member
3. Mr. Farouk Hamza – Member
4. Sheikh Amin Bonsu – Member
5. Alhaji Inusa Amadu – Member
6. Mr. Kamal-Deen Abdulai – Member
7. Ismaela Ibrahim – Member
8. Mohammadu Osmanu Alidu – Member
9. Mohammed Osumanu Yunusah – Member
10. Mr. Braimah Adams – Member
11. Dr. Mohammed Ibrahim Mohammed – Member
The following have also been appointed to head the Medical, Communications and I.T units of the Hajj Board:
1. Dr. Seidu Zakaria – Head, Medical
2. Abdulai Rahman Alhassan Gomda – Head, Communications
3. Dr. Sani Abduai – Head, I.T.
Ag. Director of Communications