The practice of overpricing contracts that results in public funds ending up in private pockets will be clamped down under a future New Patriotic Party (NPP) government, the party’s flag bearer, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, has stated.
The NPP flag bearer, who was the Special Guest at the 16th General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church of Ghana at Abetifi-Kwahu in the Eastern Region, indicated in his speech on Monday August 16 that: “Inflated contracts, which are currently the bane of our public finances, will be things of the past.”
For him, competitive bidding was the best protection of value for money in public transactions and will be the consistent mechanism for undertaking transactions under his government, emphasising that “the era of sole sourcing will come to an end”.
The NPP flag bearer further added that an efficient and honest reordering and prioritisation of the country’s public expenditure “will enable us to devote more resources to enhance the capacity of our anti-corruption agencies. It is essential that they have the means to lead the fight against corruption”.
He continued: “We will support all moves to give parliament greater oversight capability over the activities of the Executive. This will give true meaning to the principles of separation of powers and accountable government.”
Nana Akufo-Addo, therefore, appealed to the Presbyterian Church to give critical support to the next NPP government, as it takes those “crucial” steps. He added: “Our very future depends on their success.”
With about three months to the December 7 elections, Nana Akufo-Addo requested prayers for the peace of the nation so that the country emerges from the elections more united than before.
- NPP’s Loyal Ladies ‘koko’ party not to buy votes - Awuku
- Nana Addo jabs NDC over insults
- Kick ‘wahala’ NDC gov’t out of power - Bugri Naabu
- Our manifesto is with the villages - former Bagbin challenger
- I’ll appoint special prosecutor 1st 6 months in office – Akufo-Addo
- NPP thanks Western Region for successful Akufo-Addo tour
- I won’t insult Mahama back - Nana Addo
- Freebies-sharing shows Mahama has failed – Nana Addo
- Mahama is king of insults – Akomea
- NPP will deliver - Mrs Akufo-Addo
- My gov’t will empower informal sector – Nana Addo
- Private sector will flourish again under NPP - Akufo-Addo
- NPP will win 75 per cent of votes in Eastern - Osafo-Marfo
- Deplorable roads didn’t make Nana Addo sleep - NPP
- Akufo-Addo hits Klottey Korle with campaign
- NPP will not write another ‘Stolen Verdict’ - Mac-Manu
- Ben Ephson to NPP: I’m sorry
- Ghana in tatters; help me and NPP to get power – Akufo-Addo
- Don’t give NDC another chance — NPP
- NDC’s transformation is propaganda - Bawumia
- Mahama's 'sleeping' comment 'insult' to Western Region - NPP
- Ben Ephson must rise above NDC manipulations – NPP
- NPP's Coastal Dev't Authority will not loot cash like SADA - Agyarko