A pregnant woman and seamstress, has been electrocuted to death in her shop while sewing dresses for her customers at Tebeso Number One, a suburb in the Ashanti Region. 

The 25-year-old mom-to-be died Friday minutes after she was electrocuted by her electrical machine after an interruption in power supply was restored.

Narrating the incident on Nyankonton Mu Nsem on Rainbow Radio 87.5FM, Christopher Anto our reporter said, the deceased whose name was given as Zaria, was sewing for her customers when the unfortunate incident occurred.

According to him, there were a number of customers who were present at the time of incident and were there to have their dresses sown so they will use same for the Eid-Mubarak celebration.

The woman was eight and half months pregnant and just a couple of weeks from the due date for the birth of the baby. She left behind two kids.

He said, there was an interruption in power supply but immediately the light was restored, Zaria was electrocuted. The force hit her on the wall and had her skin turned dark.

The lady was rushed to the hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival. The police have since deposited the body at the morgue awaiting autopsy.