One of the biggest secrets to a healthy and lasting relationship is trust. It's a fragile yet powerful glue that holds two people together. It sure is a difficult task to build trust when you are starting out in a relationship. But it isn't so much of a challenge once both the people in a relationship are in it together. Here are some effective tips that will help you build trust, feel loved, respected, safe and content in your relationship.
- Understand the reasons why you two are together and make sure the reasons are right. Build a framework around your relationship first.
- If you love somebody, you need to respect them. The more respect you create between the two of you, the greater the love is. Define what makes you feel disrespected and agree not to use that as a weapon in your relationship.
- Don't expect the kind of romance that is shown in movies. Have realistic expectations about your relationship and romance. You must know that true romance is a result of respect, trust and freedom of expression.
- Don't ever attach each other's family. It's the most significant sign of utter disrespect. Don't choose that road if you wish to have a healthy relationship.
- Always express what you feel like. If you're too scared to speak out, it will only make it difficult for you in the future. Make sure you let it all out of your system for the benefit of your relationship.
- Giving each other space is equally important as spending quality time with each other. Both of you should enjoy a space where you do things separately that makes you happy.
- Change is inevitable. You fall in love with a person's mind and the person you fell in love with will change with time. You need to expect it and accept it. It's human nature to change, so don't let it get in your way.