The 37 Military Hospital has begun a search for families of two boys who suffered burns in a gas explosion at the Trade Fair Centre in Accra on Thursday.
The boys – William Bansah, 8, and Micheal Addy, 6 – were caught up in the inferno which took fire fighters many hours to bring under control.
Both boys, as reported by Joy News’ Matilda Wemegah are, responding to treatment.
Out of a total of 28 victims brought to the Hospital, one died, four have been treated and discharged and 23 are currently receiving treatment.
So far, six persons have been confirmed dead, with 42 others suffering varying degrees of burns.
The La General and Police Hospitals are also in search of relatives of victims receiving treatment at their facilities.
Minister of Health, Alex Segbefia has toured all three hospitals and has promised that government will foot the bills of the victims.
“The president has indicated clearly that all the cost of all the burnt victims from this incident will be covered by the state so we have made it clear to management that they should quickly put together all the logistics and the cost of caring for these patients.
“As you know, with burns victims, there is the need to constantly wash, change dressing and put them on antibiotics and very strong pain killers, so there is for each patient a cost and this has been done…and all these patients are being cared for in the best possible manner,” Mr Segbefia said.
He expressed appreciation with the level of professionalism exhibited by the doctors and staff of the hospitals in caring for the victims.
The Minister urged the public to assist in identifying the guardians of the two boys.
“Part of the treatment process is to have loved ones around you and to be in isolation at that age without you feeling that someone cares for you can dampen your spirit even more,” he said.