The 26th COVID-19 address was delivered by President Akufo-Addo Sunday night, July 25, 2021.
Ghana's cases have shot up in recent times and the President and the address brought to the fore measures taken by the state in curbing the spread of the contagion.
Here are eight (8) orders given by Nana Akufo-Addo:
1. All events associated with funerals must be held in open-air spaces.
2. There must be observance of the one (1) metre social distancing rule by sympathizers.
3. The wearing of masks is mandatory, and persons must respect the enhanced hygiene protocols.
4. All funerals should not go beyond the two (2) hour time duration.
5. All post-funeral, marriage receptions are banned.
6. All handshakes must be avoided.
7. One-week funeral celebrations are restricted solely to family members, and should not exceed a duration of two (2) hours.
8. Workplaces and business owners are to observe workplace protocols, such as the use of a shift system and technology, with the view to achieving social distancing and hygiene protocols.