The West African Examinations Council has released provisional results of candidates, who took the West African Senior School Certificate Examination for School Candidates, 2019.
The Council will despatch the results to the schools and candidates are advised to contact their heads of school for their results.
Meanwhile, the Council has hosted the results online and candidates who so desire may access their results at the Council's website.
A total of 346,094 candidates entered for the examination. This figure is 9.2% higher than the 2018 candidature of 316,999. The 2019 entry figure was made up of 170, 857 (49.37%) males and 175,237 (50.63%) females.
The examination was conducted for 987 participating schools. A total of 2,322 (0.67%) of the candidates who registered were absent from the examination.
Results of candidates will be sent to their schools and candidates are advised to contact their heads of school for their results.
Follow the steps below to check your results:
- Visit the WAEC Result Checker Online Portal via the link below; http://ghana.waecdirect.org
- Enter your Index Number.
- Select the Type of Examination (e.g. WASSCE).
- Select your Examination Year eg. 2019.
- Enter the Card Serial Number found on the reverse side of your Scratch card (Candidates are expected to buy a WAEC Scratch Card to check results online).
- Enter the 12-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) on your Scratch card eg. 012345678912.
- Confirm your Index Number and Examination Year. This is to ensure that your examination information is correct.
- Click on Submit and wait for the display in the popup window. This may take several minutes.
Candidates are advised not to fall victims to fraudsters who promise of changing their results for them at a fee since all results can be verified and having altered results will expose you.