But for the intervention of eyewitnesses, a Hyundai Santa Fe would have burnt to ashes at Achimota mile 7 Friday morning.

The car with registration number GW 6363-16 caught fire a few metres from the Achimota Mall but the driver, a middle-aged woman was able to escape without any injury.

A Jubilee House security personnel who helped the woman out of the car, Inspector Samuel Ninson, believes faulty electrical wiring in the car, was responsible for the fire.

The woman who was taken aback when the bonnet of her vehicle caught fire, crashed into the sidewalk as she tried to park it.

Residents rushed to her rescue with buckets of water as others poured heaps of sand.

They successfully put out the fire thereby preventing an explosion, that could have been of dire consequence.

Source: Ghanaweb