A Deputy minister of information, Pius Enam Hadzide, has assured that the security services are seriously working to rescue the kidnapped girls of Takoradi, the capital town of the Western Region.
The assurance came after the two Canadians ladies, who were kidnapped in Kumasi last week, were rescued in the early hours of Wednesday, June 12. 2019.
Speaking in an interview with Onua FM’s Hadzide said, "I know the security agencies are working serious on the Takoradi kidnappings”.
The swift rescue of the two Canadian women who were kidnapped by unidentified gunmen in Kumasi within a week had raised questions and suspicions as to why the three kidnapped Takoradi girls have still not been found.
The Information Minister, Kojo Oppong Nkrumah, issued a statement on Wednesday confirming the rescue of the two Canadians.
Meanwhile, Ghanaian actor John Dumelo, in reacting to rescue of the Canadian girls, pleaded with the Canadian detectives to help rescue the missing Takoradi girls.
In a tweet, he said: "Can the Canadians who came to rescue the kidnapped Canadian citizens please stay on for like a week more and help us find our missing Takoradi girls? I will pay for accommodation I beg."