A teacher has been arrested for allegedly contracting 13 people, mostly university students, to write exams for some candidates in the ongoing West African Secondary School Certificate Examination (WASSCE).
The Police in Oda are withholding the identity of the teacher who was arrested Friday morning. They are citing security reasons.
Police say they will put the 13 people, the teacher as well as the WASSCE candidates whose paper the suspects were to write, before court for prosecution after investigations into the case are concluded.
They are currently on Police bail.
The 13 people were arrested by the Police in Oda in the Eastern Region for impersonating and attempting to write examination for some WASSCE students.
Police say the 13 were contracted from across the country, to write a paper in the WASSCE examination for some students of Placid International School at Oda.
Their cover was blown before the examination could start Tuesday, April 17.
The Police have since cautioned them.
“We will arraign those arrested in court,” Eastern Regional Public Relations officer Ebenezer Tetteh told 3news.com Wednesday.
Details of the impersonators have been given as:
– Suzzette Lamprey age 19, a level 100 Student of University of Cape Coast,
– Christella Agyepong, 18 years, level 100 KNUST,
– Isabella Anning, 18yrs, level 100 KNUST,
– Joyce Assabil , 21yrs, level100 University of Energy And Natural Resources.
– Agyei Elias, 22, level 200, University of Professional Studies
– Adjoh Wisdom, 20 yrs level 400, University of Professional Studies
– Anim Ansah, 22yrs, level 100, University of Ghana, Legon
– Antwi David, 19yrs, level 100 University of Professional Studies
– Desmond Agbesi, 26yrs former Student University of Ghana Legon.
– Nyamekye Patienc, 19yrs, SS3 Student of First Star international Sch,Accra,
– Eugenia Obeng Boateng, 20yrs, SS3 Students of First Star international, Accra,
– Darko Kelvin, 18, SS3 Student of First Star International, Accra
– Annor Darkwah Prince, 22yrs, Student of First Star international, Accra.